The office of International Faculty and Staff Services (IFSS) provides comprehensive assistance to the University of Wisconsin-Madison on all aspects of non-student immigration. The office acts as the liaison between the University and all government agencies involved in immigration matters, and assists both the institution and individuals in complying with immigration laws and regulations.
- Advises University departments and processes immigration-related documents for employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant statuses.
- Offers regular workshops on processing permanent resident petitions and the proper procedures for completing the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form.
- Administers the University's J scholar Exchange Visitor Program, which includes issuing J scholar documents, advising departments and visiting scholars, and providing bi-weekly J scholar orientation sessions.
- Immigration Information
- H-1B Information
- J-1 Scholar Information
- Chart Comparing Different Immigration Statuses (PDF)
- Permanent Residence Information
- I-9 Employment Information
- Tax Information
- Travel Canada
- Common Scams