Payroll Services and Analysis
- Pay Schedules
- Paycheck Distribution
- Glacier: International Payroll - Foreign Nationals
- Portal Access
- For UW–Madison Student Help not enrolled at UW–Madison
- For Employees not based in Madison
With the implementation of the application to display earnings statements in the MyUW portal and the decision to stop printing earnings statements for UW–Madison student hourly employees, it is critical that all employees be able to activate their NetID and that the NetID they activate be authorized to allow them to enter MyUW.
Activating a NetID is a function that can be performed from the main MyUW Madison page http://my.wisc.edu. In order to complete the activation, the employee must enter his/her 11 digit photo ID card number or his/her 10 digit campus ID number (which is the first 10 of the 11 digits on the photo ID) and birth date.
Issues have arisen in two circumstances:
- Employees not based in Madison who may never obtain a UW–Madison Photo ID card and therefore do not know their photo ID card number or the campus ID number.
- Student hourly employees who are students at other institutions but work for some period of time at UW–Madison.
Current solutions to the two circumstances are as follows:
- The payroll representative of the unit involved with employees not based in Madison should send a list of these employees to email@example.com (608) 265-2257 in the Office of Human Resources. Human Resources will look up the assigned campus ID numbers for these individuals and send them back to the payroll representative. That payroll representative will then let each employee know what his/her Photo ID number is so the employee can activate a net ID.
- The payroll representative of the unit involved with student hourly employees who are not UW–Madison students should send to firstname.lastname@example.org (608) 265-2257 in the Office of Human Resources the full name, Person ID number, birth date, gender, appointment end date and the name of the institution where the individual is enrolled. Human Resources will enter the person into the Special Authorizations file with a role of "visitor." Human Resources will look up the assigned campus ID number for these individuals and send the number back to the payroll representative. That payroll representative will then let the employee know that he/she can obtain an employee photo ID.
It is critical that the appointments for these student hourly employees be ended when they are over. Ending the appointment removes the authorization for other services provided to visitors. Human Resources will remind the payroll representative of this fact when the campus ID number is provided.