Permanent Residence Information
Premium Processing Reinstated for Permanent Residence Petitions
Effective 29 June 2009, premium processing service will once again be available for most Form I-140 immigrant worker petitions in the first, second and third employment-based preference categories, with the exception of petitions in the EB-1 subcategory for multinational managers and executives and in the EB-2 category under the national interest waiver. Therefore, all categories filed by UW-Madison can benefit from premium processing.
The beneficiary can pay the fee, unless doing so would drop the salary being offered below the prevailing wage for that occupation.
In order to file for premium processing, the department needs to complete form I-907 and submit it to IFSS along with the filing fee payable to US Department of Homeland Security. The form is located under the Permanent Residence section of the IFSS web.
- UW-Madison Policy on filing for Permanent Residence
- General Information
- Outstanding Professor/Researcher
- Labor Certification for Teaching Faculty
- Permanent Residence Forms
- Department Request to Sponsor Employee for U.S. Permanent Residence
- Dean's Authorization Form for Permanent Residency
- Beneficiary Information Form
- Prevailing Wage Request (PDF)
- Instructions for Completing the Prevailing Wage Request Form
- Department of Labor Instructions for Completing the Prevailing Wage Request Form
- ETA 9089 Worksheet
- I-140 Form
- I-907 Premium Processing Request
- Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence
- Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485
- National Interest Waiver
- Diversity Lottery