Welcome to the University of Wisconsin-Madison!
Get started here . . .
Essential Forms for New Employees
Please complete the following forms and return them to your department Payroll & Benefits Coordinator. Be sure to ask for assistance if you need help or have questions about these forms.
- Direct Deposit Authorization
- New Employee Forms Packet | Includes Form W-4 - Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate and Employee Self-Identification Form (Ethnicity and Heritage, Disability, and Veterans Survey). Please complete all forms electronically. Form W-4 is also available in the following languages:
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- Your hiring department will email you a link to the electronic I-9 system and login instructions. Section 1 of the electronic I-9 form must be completed on or before the first day of your appointment. The electronic I-9 system will provide the lists of acceptable documents (Spanish/Español) and detailed instructions on how to complete the form. The required documents must be presented in person to your hiring department within three days of your appointment start date.
Next steps . . .
Timely Submission of Your Benefit Plan Applications - Do Not Delay!
The timely submission of your benefit applications is necessary if you want to take full advantage of your benefit package. Submit your applications within 30 days after the start date of your appointment. Coverage is typically effective on the first of the month, after the applications are received; some plans have additional requirements.
Online Access to Benefit Plan Information and Applications
Click on the appropriate link below to access the benefit information that matches your appointment. If you have questions about your appointment type, please contact your department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classified Staff
- Academic Staff
- Graduate Assistants
- Short-Term Academic Staff