University of Wisconsin - Madison
Position Vacancy Listing
|Professor of Behavioral Health/Continuing Education
Degree and area of specialization:
|PROFESSOR(C20NN) or ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR(C30NN) or ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(C40NN)
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
|Earned Ph.D. in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health ore related field, with focus on Substance Use Disorders/Addiction
|- Applicants should show evidence of the ability to develop an excellent research program in area in the area of substance use disorders and continuing education
- Applicants also should show evidence of demonstrated excellence in teaching continuing education courses, and/or in teaching adults
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in prevention or treatment of substance abuse disorders or closely related field
|We are seeking a tenurable or tenure track faculty member to develop our non-credit continuing education substance use disorders program within the Department of Liberal Arts and Applied Studies, an academic department in UW-Madison Division of Continuing Studies. This individual will conduct research, develop, and teach non-credit continuing education courses in prevention and intervention of alcohol and other drug abuse.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide leadership and vision for the substance use disorders program, including courses and certificates delivered face-to-face, blended, and in online formats.
- Conduct nationally/internationally recognized research, including grant-funded research.
- Build relationships and collaborate on research projects with peers in other academic departments, as well as the public and private sector.
- Develop and deliver high-quality continuing education courses in prevention and intervention of alcohol and other drug abuse.
- Keep current with research and best practices in the field of substance abuse prevention and intervention, including public health and mental health perspectives, and effectively incorporate new developments into continuing education programming. Use market research and learner feedback to guide future programming.
- Participate in faculty governance and other university, division, and department service activities.
- Contribute to the profession at the local, state, and national levels.
| ||The University of Wisconsin-Madison is a public, land-grant institution that exemplifies the "Wisconsin Idea"- that the boundaries of the university are the boundaries of the state and beyond. The Division of Continuing Studies provides and supports high-quality continuing education, outreach, service and scholarship related to personal enrichment and professional development. We deliver hundreds of non-credit courses and programs in a variety of formats, including face-to-face, blended, and online. We are seeking tenure track faculty to further develop our continuing education program in the area of substance use disorders, including certificate programs, conferences, face-to-face, and online courses for alcohol and other drug abuse counselors and other service providers. The ideal candidate will develop an active program of research and teaching in substance use disorders/continuing education. Continuing Studies is a revenue generating unit; programs and courses are expected to contribute to the financial sustainability of the department.
|A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
|Department(s):||DCS/LIB ART & APP ST
|Full Time Salary Rate:||Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Anticipated begin date:||JANUARY 01, 2015
|Number of Positions:||1
HOW TO APPLY:
|Application must be received by: OCTOBER 08, 2014
|Additional application materials should include:
Letter of application, including discussion of current and future research
Names and contact information for 4 professional references
Please apply electronically with a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and list of references submitted as a single PDF filed labeled with the PVL # and applicant's name (e.g., PVL#80421_Smith.pdf) to Leanne Morris, HR Assistant at the email address listed above.
|Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #80421 to:
|Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. In the case where there are fewer than five finalists, the names of the five most qualified candidates must be released upon request.
UW-Madison is required by law to request data from applicants for employment in order to monitor our recruitment and selection practices. In order for us to meet this federal reporting requirement, please go to http://www.oed.wisc.edu/reports-and-forms.htm to fill out the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form and the Applicant Self-Identification Form for Protected Veterans. Please reference the Position Vacancy Number when uploading your completed forms. Completing these forms is voluntary and your responses will be kept confidential and is not considered as part of the hiring criteria.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.