University of Wisconsin - Madison
Position Vacancy Listing
Degree and area of specialization:
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
|SR MARKETING SPEC(S74BN) or MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN)
|Three or more years' experience in the market research field. The successful candidate will demonstrate familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative research methods. Strong verbal and written communications skills are required, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic team-oriented workplace.
The ideal candidate will have these core skills and competencies:
- Ability to conduct primary research studies using both qualitative and quantitative methods including internet surveys, phone interviews and focus groups
- Project management experience, including demonstrated success working independently on complex projects, handling multiple priorities in a detail-oriented environment
- Strong data analysis skills and proven ability to interpret and explain data
- Ability to summarize data into key findings and actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing multiple sources of data into a concise summary
- Proven ability to work with diverse internal and external audiences with energy, collegiality, patience, passion, curiosity, and humor
- Desire to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced workplace
An ideal candidate may also have one or more of the following desired qualifications:
- Graduate degree in marketing or related field
- Proficiency with WorkZone or other leading project management software
- Professional experience in a public university setting, and/or working knowledge of the higher-education sector
- Experience with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics
|The Division of Continuing Studies supports the University of Wisconsin-Madison mission and the spirit of the Wisconsin Idea by advocating for and engaging lifelong learners. As a member of the division's Integrated Marketing Communications Team, the individual in this position will be expected to conduct primary and secondary research to inform the feasibility of credit and non-credit courses, programs and opportunities geared towards lifelong learners. The position will also be involved in evaluating current marketing efforts and educational programs.
Reporting to the Market Research Manager, the Market Research Analyst will:
- Works with appropriate internal and external staff to efficiently and effectively implement market research projects
- Conducts primary and secondary research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative market research methods
- Summarizes and interprets data and results, providing a concise summary of findings and recommendations
- Presents research findings to clients and colleagues and advises on how to best use research findings
- Works with outside vendors when needed to support market research projects
- Evaluates current marketing efforts utilizing digital analytics and other tools
- Collaborates with educational programmers on the design and implementation of student/participant surveys that elicit meaningful feedback for future programming and marketing decisions.
- Participates in campus-wide teams, developing collegial relationships with colleagues around campus
- Performs other duties, as necessary
|A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
|Full Time Salary Rate:||Minimum $45,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Term:||This is a renewable appointment.
|Anticipated begin date:||JULY 14, 2014
|Number of Positions:||1
HOW TO APPLY:
|Application must be received by: JUNE 13, 2014
|Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #79714 to:
|Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. In the case where there are fewer than five finalists, the names of the five most qualified candidates must be released upon request.
UW-Madison is required by law to request data from applicants for employment in order to monitor our recruitment and selection practices. In order for us to meet this federal reporting requirement, please go to http://www.oed.wisc.edu/reports-and-forms.htm to fill out the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form and the Applicant Self-Identification Form for Protected Veterans. Please reference the Position Vacancy Number when uploading your completed forms. Completing these forms is voluntary and your responses will be kept confidential and is not considered as part of the hiring criteria.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.