|This position is a multi-functional position within International Academic Programs (IAP), a unit in the Division of International Studies, which serves as the largest study abroad office at UW-Madison.
IAP administers more than 200 campus-wide study abroad and exchange programs and annually sends over 1,300 UW-Madison students abroad.
Further information about IAP can be found on the web at:
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan in support of IAP¿s strategic goals to increase awareness of and participation in
IAP¿s study abroad program offerings. The duties of the Marketing
Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Produce and maintain a set of creative material, online and print and promotional materials, to promote and enhance IAP's brand, visibility, programs and mission at UW-Madison and nationwide.
2. Develop, implement, and manage marketing strategies through the use of the IAP web site, online and print advertising, social media, and email.
3. Work with IAP office staff to create a consistent message in all marketing and communication efforts.
4. Coordinate specified IAP major events, including the Study Abroad Fair; develop and implement student outreach plan and activities (e.g., classroom visits, information sessions).
5. Communicate with external and internal stakeholders both in the UW-Madison community and nationwide to highlight students, IAP programs, scholarships, and initiatives in all media, including, but not limited to: on-campus publications, online publications, newspapers, blogs, and videos.
6. Analyze current marketing practices and target market to ensure effective marketing strategies are utilized, using tools such as Google Analytics, surveys, and social media management tools.