|The Compass Program Coordinators manage curricular and co-curricular components of the BBA Compass Program, a required professional development program for business students that focuses on career development, leadership skills, professionalism, communication skills, and building community within the school of business. These new hires will be part of a four-person BBA Student Life team that also coordinates leadership programming, student organizations, and other student involvement opportunities. The candidates will also be part of a larger undergraduate program team that includes all student services units. These positions report to the Director of Wisconsin BBA Student Life.
Wisconsin BBA Compass Program (65%):
- Create or collaborate with other BBA and campus staff to coordinate innovative and interactive leadership, career, and diversity workshops and programs that are aligned with Compass Program goals and learning outcomes
- Maintain records of program participation and update tracking software in a timely manner; learn and utilize tracking software to ensure students can view accurate records of their program progress
- Enforce course and program policies and maintain accurate records of decisions, exceptions, and outcomes
- Solicit and review program feedback and implement appropriate changes and suggestions
- Work with advising staff to determine most effective and efficient ways to track students¿ advising participation and outcomes
- Communicate with BBA admissions and recruitment staff to create a seamless transition from pre-business students to applicants to admitted business students, including admission acceptance and acknowledgement of Compass Program requirements as well as BBA Induction sessions (orientation sessions)
- Write weekly Compass Program updates for undergraduate blog and send check-in emails to students regarding their program progress on a regular basis
- Place enrollment holds on student accounts in cases of program non-compliance and meet with students to discuss consequences and appropriate alternatives to meet requirements.
Compass course (25%):
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing and training of undergraduate course facilitators
- Create, revise and assess course curriculum, activities, assignments, and grading rubrics. Work with other BBA staff to create curriculum related to their areas of expertise or job responsibilities.
- Coach/work with student facilitators to resolve student issues
- Review grades as necessary to respond to questions or resolve disputes
- Attend Compass course sections and provide feedback to student facilitators
- Communicate with course graders about assignment rubrics and grading requirements
- Organize and upload grading worksheets to course website
BBA Student Life administration and BBA program duties (10%):
- Assist with hiring, training and directing the work of student hourly staff
- Provide as needed support for leadership programming, student organization initiatives, case competitions, and other student life programs and events
- Contribute to BBA committees and represent the BBA program at school and campus events
- Attend unit, program and school-wide staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned