University of Wisconsin - Madison
Position Vacancy Listing
|Please Note: A change was made to this position announcement on 10/23/13
|REFERENCE AND INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN
Degree and area of specialization:
|ACADEMIC LIBRARIAN(R04DN) or ASSOC ACAD LIBRARIAN(R04FN)
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
|Master's degree in Librarianship
Master's degree in librarianship
Public service experience
Experience in giving public presentations
Good communication skills
Experience working at a Reference Desk and/or Reference Coursework at the MLS level
Experience conducting Business Research
Undergraduate degree/courses in Business or Economics
Experience in an academic setting
Experience using Social Media (Linked In, Twitter, etc.) in an institutional setting
Experience with web authoring/design tools
|Reference and Instruction Librarian
50% Reference Service and Collection Development:
* Provide telephone and in person reference service to Business Library patrons.
* Identify and explain appropriate electronic and print sources of information.
* Assist patrons in developing successful search strategies.
* Assist patrons in using print and electronic databases.
* Prepare bibliographies; guides and websites.
* Explain library policies and procedures.
* Participate in the various Instruction sessions that the Business Library provides its clientele.
* Develop handouts for all participants.
* Utilize new technology to assist faculty, students, and staff in using the Business Library Resources (e.g. Libguides, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.).
15% Social Media
* Responsible for the Social Media profile of the Business Library. Coordinates that activity with the General Library System Social Media and Communications Group.
* Work with various Business Library Staff to provide material for the social media outlets of the Business Library (Twitter, Foursquare, etc.).
* Stay abreast of the new technology in the social media.
* Look for opportunities for the Business Library to expand its Social Media presence.
5% Work with Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
* Participate in various SBDC classes to showcase how the attendees can use Business Library and Madison Public Library to do the necessary research for their business plan.
* Work with the attendees on a one to one basis to help them identify sources they can use.
5% Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
* Develop the knowledge base to perform all of the functions that the Business Library does to fulfill Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery requests.
10% Administration and Professional Development.
* Participate in the management team of the Business Library.
* Participate in the development of library policies and procedures.
* Develop an increased competency in the use of reference sources in the area of business.
* Attend state and national conferences to maintain currency in business resource materials as well as Issues important to academic business libraries.
* Participate in staff-development activities of the General Library System and the UW-Madison Campus.
Other duties as assigned.
| ||This position provides telephone and in-person reference service to the patrons of the Business School Library. The incumbent will also be a participant in the Instruction program of the Business Library. The incumbent will be expected to perform administrative tasks in the circulation, reserve, and computer equipment systems. The incumbent will participate in the management team of the Business Library. The incumbent will also participate, with the other members of the Business Library staff, in providing library services to the School of Business and the larger University of Wisconsin - Madison community as well as other users throughout the state of Wisconsin.
|A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
|Full Time Salary Rate:||Minimum $42,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Term:||This is a renewable appointment.
|Anticipated begin date:||DECEMBER 01, 2013
|Number of Positions:||1
HOW TO APPLY:
|Application must be received by: NOVEMBER 15, 2013
|To apply, send resume, cover letter and contact information for three references.
|Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #77988 to:
|Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.