University of Wisconsin - Madison
Position Vacancy Listing
|Please Note: A change was made to this position announcement on 01/07/14
Degree and area of specialization:
|INFORM PROCESS CONSLT(S44DN) or ASSOC INF PROC CONSLT(S44FN)
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
|Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field required.
|1. Experience with Android or iOS app development strongly preferred.
2. Minimum 1 year C#/VB.NET development experience.
3. Minimum 1 year experience developing data driven websites.
4. SQL programming, and database design skills.
5. A thorough understanding of object-oriented design.
6. Familiarity with revision control system.
7. Thorough knowledge of secure coding practices and programming standards.
8. Ability to work independently on small to mid-sized projects and familiarity with large-project development and maintenance.
9. Ability to interface with faculty, researchers, administrative staff, and technical personnel.
10. Highly motivated with strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and possess good documentation skills.
1. Experience with Android/Java development.
2. Experience with the .NET framework, and supporting tools.
3. Strong desire to learn new developer tools as needed.
4. Experience in a collaborative, team environment desirable.
|The Center for Health Enhancement System Studies creates technology based systems which provide information, referrals, skills training, social support, decision support and behavioral change programs to people facing health-related crises or concerns. It also provides tools to improve processes at organizations that provide behavioral change services.
Working in a collegial environment alongside faculty members, researchers, programmers, graphic designers and students, the person filling this position will play a critical role in building and maintaining CHESS systems. The primary focus of this position will be to develop new tools and debug/enhance/maintain legacy applications for CHESS systems. The person will also focus on researching and developing ways to create a better user experience and tools. This position requires that the person actively search for ways to improve CHESS systems through this research.
Duties will include:
75% Development and Maintenance
1. New mobile and web application and database development.
2. Maintain and enhance existing mobile and web applications.
3. Design and develop technology based research tools.
4. Solve technical problems as they arise by researching and designing new algorithms and techniques.
5. Develop tools and systems to maintain and upgrade legacy applications.
6. Develop data collection and analysis tools to generate reports, create and develop database driven applications, create data structures and stored procedures.
7. Provide analytic, design, and programming support that adheres to established internal standards for all CHESS projects.
8. Enhance current tools with new technologies.
9. Develop tools for Mobile devices.
15% Research and Dissemination
1. Research, design, and develop technologies to prepare, capture and analyze data.
2. Document and train others to use these technologies.
3. Act as primary support for these technologies.
4. Research and document, in an accessible online knowledge base, new techniques/technologies that may be applicable to CHESS projects and customers.
10% Professional Activities
1. Participate with other staff members in discussions regarding the future needs of CHESS clients and customers.
2. Confer with staff and outside sources on ways in which the CHESS programs and internal operations can be improved.
3. Study new trends in technology that may better serve staff and clients.
|A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
|Full Time Salary Rate:||Minimum $60,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Term:||This is a renewable appointment.
|Appointment percent:||50% - 100%
|Anticipated begin date:||JANUARY 26, 2014
|Number of Positions:||2
HOW TO APPLY:
|Application must be received by: JANUARY 21, 2014
|Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #76749 to:
|4113 Mechanical Engineering Bldg
|Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. In the case where there are fewer than five finalists, the names of the five most qualified candidates must be released upon request.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.