|The Center for Health Enhancement System Studies creates technology based systems which provide information, referrals, skills training, social support, decision support and behavioral change programs to people facing health-related crises or concerns. It also provides tools to improve processes at organizations that provide behavioral change services.
Working in a collegial environment alongside faculty members, researchers, programmers, graphic designers and students, the person filling this position will play a critical role in building and maintaining CHESS systems. The primary focus of this position will be to develop new tools and debug/enhance/maintain legacy applications for CHESS systems. The person will also focus on researching and developing ways to create a better user experience and tools. This position requires that the person actively search for ways to improve CHESS systems through this research.
Duties will include:
75% Development and Maintenance
1. New mobile and web application and database development.
2. Maintain and enhance existing mobile and web applications.
3. Design and develop technology based research tools.
4. Solve technical problems as they arise by researching and designing new algorithms and techniques.
5. Develop tools and systems to maintain and upgrade legacy applications.
6. Develop data collection and analysis tools to generate reports, create and develop database driven applications, create data structures and stored procedures.
7. Provide analytic, design, and programming support that adheres to established internal standards for all CHESS projects.
8. Enhance current tools with new technologies.
9. Develop tools for Mobile devices.
15% Research and Dissemination
1. Research, design, and develop technologies to prepare, capture and analyze data.
2. Document and train others to use these technologies.
3. Act as primary support for these technologies.
4. Research and document, in an accessible online knowledge base, new techniques/technologies that may be applicable to CHESS projects and customers.
10% Professional Activities
1. Participate with other staff members in discussions regarding the future needs of CHESS clients and customers.
2. Confer with staff and outside sources on ways in which the CHESS programs and internal operations can be improved.
3. Study new trends in technology that may better serve staff and clients.