University of Wisconsin - Madison
Position Vacancy Listing
|Please Note: A change was made to this position announcement on 03/19/13
|Online Instructor & Program Coordinator
Degree and area of specialization:
|FACULTY ASSOCIATE(D92DN) or ASSOC FACULTY ASSOC(D92FN)
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
|Master's degree required in a field related to distance/online education. Doctorate preferred.
|Three years of experience in online teaching is required. Previous experience in online course development is desired.
We are interested in a creative, personable staff member who has an interest in teaching noncredit online certificate courses and coordinating online certificate programs. This staff member will also work with certificate program learners on course and career advising and will assist with an annual conference. This is a non-tenure track, on-site (not a distance) position.
|Distance Education Professional Development (DEPD) is a unit within the Division of Continuing Studies Professional Development & Applied Studies (PDAS) academic department. Programs offered by this unit include noncredit certificate programs in online education and the Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning (on-site and virtual). These are well-established, quality noncredit programs that are based on a cost-recovery model. Specific duties are as follows:
INSTRUCT AND DEVELOP ONLINE COURSES (50%)
Teach a selection of core and elective online courses for DEPD¿s certificate programs. (See http://depd.wisc.edu/ for current course listings.)
Contribute to the development of DEPD curriculum by researching and developing content for noncredit courses in online education.
COORDINATE NONCREDIT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS (25%)
In collaboration with DEPD and Continuing Studies staff, this position supports implementation of the curricular vision and programming, including the following duties:
* Develop content for certificate marketing materials (web-based, multimedia, and print).
* Provide program resources, support services and advising to certificate program enrollees.
* Negotiate group enrollment agreements.
* Set teaching assignments, schedule courses, and manage ad hoc instructor appointments.
* Manage the database of certificate program enrollee records.
* Create and manage reports from database records and certificate awards.
DEVELOP ANNUAL CONFERENCE PROGRAMMING AND COORDINATE PROCESSES (20%)
In collaboration with DEPD director and staff, this position contributes to the development of conference programming and manages facilitation, evaluation and select communication processes for the Annual Conference:
* Participate in shaping conference program by reviewing proposals and making recommendations for invited speakers and session topics
* Manage Planning Committee communications and meetings
* Schedule and manage facilitation for conference sessions and events
* Manage evaluation of conference sessions and events
* Conduct pre and post-conference communications with presenters
OUTREACH & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (5%) Serve on divisional and campus committees.
Attend/Present at professional meetings in the fields of online and/or continuing education.
|A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
|Appointment Type:||Academic Staff
|Department(s):||DCS/PRO DEV & APP ST
|Full Time Salary Rate:||Minimum $50,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
|Term:||This is a renewable appointment.
|Anticipated begin date:||MAY 01, 2013
|Number of Positions:||1
HOW TO APPLY:
|Application must be received by: APRIL 15, 2013
Applications are to be sent electronically as one single PDF file and require the following:
1. Cover letter that summarizes prior experience in online teaching, online course development, event planning and/or program coordination, your interest in the position, and the relevance of your experience
2. Full curriculum vitae
3. Names and contact information for three references
Applications that lack any one of the above requirements will not be considered. Send all application materials as one single PDF file via email attachment to Jan Severson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about this announcement may be directed to Jane Terpstra: email@example.com
|Unless another application procedure has been specified above, please send resume and cover letter referring to Position Vacancy Listing #76043 to:
|Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.