|The College of Engineering (CoE) seeks an innovative, enthusiastic, collaborative, and service oriented instructional technologist to provide pedagogically sound technology expertise, and be an integral member of the teaching and learning services team at Wendt Commons (http://wendt.engr.wisc.edu).
The CoE is actively engaged in rethinking the educational experience provided to students and is providing strategic direction and support to faculty. Wendt Commons plays a key role in engaging and supporting faculty and staff to facilitate this transformation.
This position is primarily responsible for the development and delivery of learning technology services provided to the College of Engineering in Wendt Commons. This position will collaborate closely with the Assistant Director of Teaching & Learning, other Wendt Commons team members, Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) staff, Engineering Professional Development (EPD) staff, and other instructional technology staff on campus to coordinate and improve services.
Job responsibilities include:
* Works as part of a team to develop, deliver, and promote high quality and timely instructional design and technology-enhanced learning services for faculty and teaching staff in the College of Engineering. This includes managing a request tracking queue of support requests.
* Provides pedagogical and instructional technology consultation that supports and facilitates faculty/instructor innovation and increased student learning, with particular emphasis on the use of technology in blended, online and technology-enhanced courses.
* Participates in providing assistance to faculty and teaching staff using rich media and instructional technologies.
* Investigates, assesses, and documents the application of new technologies to instruction; recommends and develops prototypes for new instructional technology implementations.
* The UW Madison Moodle service is hosted by the College of Engineering. This position will provide leadership for the support team and represent the user perspective on the platform development team.
* Collaborates with CAE staff to meet faculty needs related to course software.
* Contributes to the development and delivery of programs and materials that inform COE faculty and teaching staff on best practices in instructional design, trends in instructional technology, methods for effective use of technologies in teaching, and use of specialized tools. This will include writing documentation and participating in the Teaching Improvement Program (TIP) and the New Educators Orientation (NEO).
* Supervises the work of several undergraduate consultants.
* Participates in professional associations to remain knowledgeable about engineering education, pedagogy, and technology-enhanced learning.
* Participates in campus groups and organizations related to teaching and learning with technology
* Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate in support of Wendt Commons.